Young couple loses home, possessions in Nov. 13 fire
A young Gainesville couple lost everything except their dogs in a Nov. 13 fire on Highway 5 south of Gainesville.
Austin and Nicole Davis were getting ready to leave their small mobile home that Wednesday afternoon when they noticed the electric box sparking, said Austin.
“We were just about to leave for my doctor appointment,” he said. “We were only able to get us and our dogs out.”
Gainesville Volunteer Fire Department, Pontiac / Price Place VFD and Lick Creek VFD responded to the call. The home was a complete loss, and the Red Cross was contacted.
Davis is an Air Force veteran who suffered a serious head injury in an accident in late May. The couple was married in September.